Many people new to CBD and cannabinoid products are full of questions, and quite rightly so! The current landscape is far too confusing; with information, mis-information opinions and stories all being banded around with no fabrication or knowledge as to whether these tales are indeed true or rather the manifestation of someone's creative mind!
People I meet who are at the beginning of their CBD journey often ask me a common theme of questions when looking to buy CBD products. I have tried to answer these through amalgamating 10 tips for the novice consumer:
- If you are taking CBD for the first time then begin with a lower strength and gradually increase until you reach your desired level of intake.
- Consider the different level of absorption in the delivery methods available.
- Choose a delivery method that suits your personal routine.
- Consider the extraction method as this will have a major effect on the purity of each product and the potential health benefits on offer.
- Find out if the CBD product is made from organic crops, free from pesticides and other nasty chemicals.
- Think about why you are taking CBD and adjust the strength accordingly.
- Lab reports along with a batch number and expiry date should be available on every product.
- Take on an empty stomach for maximum absorption
- Check if the CBD is 'full spectrum' (without the THC in the UK!) or isolate. Know the difference. It has a big effect.
- You should only use products you are comfortable with and trust.
I hope this has been a useful piece for those looking for that first bit of clarity in an otherwise over-complicated new area of health!